Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Jobstreet.com

Almost all of my colleagues, peers, friends, anyone... anyone that's taking part in practicum aka industrial training aka internship, has make a head start since last month. My progress? None, until yesterday. Stressed of how behind I am, with the fear of being condemned to an uncivilized work environment in god knows where, I decided to register myself in Jobstreet.com and apply a few places that appeals to me. I just copy my resume straight from the uum portal and paste it in Jobstreet. Lets see... name, address, locations.... computer skills?? Flash definitely because that's the reason I am in UUM right now, and I know I'm bound to learn Dreamweaver, photoshop and illustrator in this 6 month before my internship, and finally, the only software I learned this 2 and half years; 3dx Max 2009. Click click click and send. I mean, a little white lie doesn't hurt right. I am not lying about the skills I have, I am just.... writing my resume in advance because I am bound to learn that 3 skills anyway. There. I won't feel as guilty anymore for not doing anything.

Then I learned how wrong I am. The next night, I received a call

"Hi, you applied in jobstreet asking for internship right?"

"Yes"
"It says here you know photoshop andf dreamweaver?"
"................... Yes....." *Fingers crossed
"Can you come for an interview this thursday?"
"I might not make it because I am still in Kedah. Im going back on wed night. May I know what this job is about"
"Well lets say we want you to design a brochure with photoshop, will you be able to do it?"
"......... I guess... Do I have to post it up to the internet?"
"You might need to do some posting up."
"ok..."
"I'll send you an e-mail about the details, this is my number. Tell me bout it ok."
"ok thanks"
"and bring any portfolio if you have"
"sure"

I, again, just dug a hole for me to bury myself into. Please attend my funeral.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger