Pages

Friday, March 7, 2008

Oh brother!

One afternoon when i got back, my maid was smiling. Odd. she quickly filled me in on what i missed.
According to my maid, my bro was seen prancing around the house showing off his new pair of pant. he asked anyone he saw -which is, fortunately, only my maid- how he looked, saying stuffs like "Bagus can? Cantik tak? Saya beli punya.... cantik can??! " (puke) i was really interested. i looked around and saw my bro standing at the doorway in his room looking dignified.i barged in without asking and looked for the so called 'cantik' looking pair of pants.
Whoa!!! I quickly held it up... It's... it's really.... COOL!!! Its a long khaki pant, with 2 layers on the top. 2 studded belts hung from the side. There's 2 more zipped pocket at the side around the knee..... I loved it!
Well of course my bro would'nt have braged about it in front of me. It was ME trying to persuade him to wear one of these and he'd reject saying he'll look like a riff raff... how ppl wearing these are bad... how he as a "good boy" wont wear dark stuff like these...... they're sooo lalazai.... blah blah blah...... What else can i do but sigh and shake my head??
Obviously I told him what he used to said about these stuff. He was really quiet... embarrassed i guess... I looked at it again... WOW... i almost can't believe it...
"Did u really bought this?"
"It dropped from the sky"
"Dont be stupid. U REALLY BOUGHT THIS???"
" Dunno la! I want sleep d. Get out now!"
wait, i dont see any price tags... Then i realised.
"You didnt bought it, someone gave it to you as a gift." wondering who would give him a present on Nov when his birthday was Feb... Mayb our cousin gave his old pants to him...
" I bought it ok. Really."
" No i dont believe You bought it. Kah Yee gave it to you right?"
" No, I bought it. Y would'nt u believe me? I bought it"
"No u did not! " i said stubbornly " u wouldnt buy these kind of street wear." thinking he wouldnt even noe how to pay at the counter.
" I bought it!! Why wouldnt you listen to me?"
He laughed. This was getting stupid and funny.
I looked at my watch & realised I was almost late for tuition. I threw his pants on him saying " You did'nt buy it" and rushed out. After 3 hours of tuition the confused pants was forgotten.
The next day, when i was studying in my bro's room, I saw a card om his table. I picked it up. It was thick and black. Large red words wrote PLANET FIVE and smaller words of the same colour underneath it wrote Worldwide Street Wear Brand. OMG! Its the brand tag of the pants! A large logo of of an eyeball with a pair of wings printed across it. I checked the price tag : RM 19.90. WOW...I got get one myself, I thought disbelievingly. Looking closer, there was another blurred '1' between 19. It actually read RM119.90!!!
I was shocked beyond measurement.... My brother actually invested RM100 on street wear instead of food??!! And its 100% cotton... Ha... what's wrong with the world?? i dont noe him anymore....
But then i felt.... proud! My little brother has finally grown up to be a teenager... Ah... the tears of joy... (just an expression. My eyes r still dry.)
I just remembered... he is having a graduation ceremony tomorrow. His class is performing a dance adapted from High School musical. He needed a pants for the dance. That explains it.
Well.... I'm impressed.

2/11/06

No comments:

Powered By Blogger