Pages

Friday, March 7, 2008

Birthday Presents

Studying at UUM, It would be the first time for me to spend my birthday alone in Kedah, without my friends and family. Speaking of birthdays one always think of presents! I was skeptical at first. Never made much friends there, I doubted anyone will know It's my birthday, let alone receiving any presents.

On my birthday eve, i couldn't get my hopes too high. Disappointment is not a nice feeling. When the clock struck 12am, hold n behold, my phone rang! Well of course Mike have to call me. He wouldn't want to be miserable went im able to get my hands on him. Then the next thing would be my best friend's bday wish, in the form of an sms! Then some more from my old classmates, which still made me smile. But the sad thing is that my room mates did not say anything about it. Oh well.

The next day i woke up as any other day. Nothing special. The air did not smell any sweeter, no birds were singing, no beautiful sunshine streaming down through the windows (It would be mad to tie the curtains up because We'll all sizzle and die of sunburn. Well i wake up at noon obviously and the sun is not warm, Its HOT! And Its normal for a 20 year old undergraduate to sleep through the morning ok) But, It is my birthday and I am 20 today.

Nothing special happen all morning till one of my room mate came bak from her home town around 5pm. Then, thing starts to get suspicious.... they started talking in whispers.... deny anything when i ask what's wrong.. Finally the truth came out! It was a present for me! a pink lamb wiv curly furs. Well i was touched.

I was also surprised by a slice of chocolate and coffee cheese cake (wiv extra yeast, if u know wad i mean) by one of my seniors. And also a birthday card from Mike. That card brought me alot of trouble because the the sender forgot to write the name of the receiver on the envelope. Never fail to mention how stupid it was whenever i get the chance ever since.

But the best present came from my best bud Carol, a day after my birthday. We went swimming and then lunch was on her! A simple meal and a drink. The best part is she also did my laundry!! Well, what more can a birthday girl ask for?


+LinG+
Nov 2007

1 comment:

K i r a said...

huh? UUM eh? that uni is mostly covered with malays-law, my brother was studied there. He told me that, when go out also nid wear "pakaian sopan" jek. like wan wear whole body with cloth. LOL!

Anyways, happy blogging =) *linked*

Powered By Blogger